Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Calendar - Persistent Day

Options
Jeff K.
Jeff K.
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a Team Vacation schedule (the team is working in 4 different countries) and have also added dates for holidays which the company is also off according to the local holidays.

Is there a way so that these holidays will show down the Gantt chart so that I don't have to always scroll to where the Holiday is set to see if the team is taking a vacation around that holiday?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The formatting for the Gantt chart is limited and does not include this.

To be clear, you added a task for each holiday in the Team Vacation sheet and did not add a Holiday to the schedule (Project Settings | Dependency Settings | Working Days section).

Running an international team, I ran into the same limitation - holidays in Smartsheet are by sheet, not by user.

Craig

• Jeff K.
    Jeff K.
    edited 03/15/16
    Options

Yep, I added the holidays as a task in the Vacation sheet, not in the working days section under the Dependency/Working Days section...

• Sam S
    Options

Adding data to a sheet (vacation schedule) wont highlight the days in the Gantt chart but if you add non working days / holidays to the working day section under Project Settings, the non working days will be highlighted red in the Gantt chart.

This wouldnt work for personal vacations but for company wide holidays, this would be ideal. A SysAdmin can set account level holidays/non working days through account settings. Keep in mind this would apply to NEW sheets, not EXISTING sheets.

• Jeff K.
    Options

OK. thanks for the tips

This discussion has been closed.