Managing Emails and Attachments

Options

Hello,

I manage a team that receives lots of vendor invoices via email as attachments. My team is responsible for sorting and actioning each invoice....its over 300 per month, and they some times can't action them right away. Currently they're manually creating rows for each invoice in a smartsheet. Is there a way to automate from outlook into SmartSheet, with the attachment? I looked at powerautomate, but no luck there...

Thanks in advance!

Lynn

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would suggest setting up a sheet that has the fields the vendor will need to populate and then creating a form that includes the ability to add attachments.

If you have the vendors use the form instead of emailing directly, everything will be stored in Smartsheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Lynn234

I hope you're well and safe!

I agree with Paul, and I recently developed a similar solution for a client where we used the URL-Query feature to include values in a Form URL in the PO sent to the Vendor. My client also uses this to grade the Vendor and similar and discuss details and more.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.