Move row to another sheet not working

Options
Michaela Kamenska
Michaela Kamenska ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 02/17/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all,

has anyone else experienced issues when moving rows to another sheet?

I've got two colleagues, one of whom is actually owner of both - original sheet and destination sheet. When they try to move the row from one sheet to another, it just doesn't work. I mean, it does, as the row appears in the destination sheet, but does NOT disappear from the original sheet. This has happened for both of them at least twice in the past month or so. I experienced no issues.

As mentioned, one of the colleagues is the owner of both sheets, while the other colleague and myself have admin rights.

Initially I thought that they were copying the rows, instead of moving, but as you can see below, it's not the case. Picture 1 is the activity log from the destination sheet, while Picture 2 is the activity log from the original sheet. You can see that the "move row" was registered in destination sheet but never registered in the original sheet, thus never actually disappearing from the original sheet.

Any ideas if this is a bug or is it something I can solve myself? The pictures are from yesterday and the colleague who tried to move the rows is the owner.

Picture 1:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Michaela Kamenska

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven't already, submit a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jacob Minnich
    Jacob Minnich ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had the same issue sporadically for the last month. Some rows move while others don't. Refreshing the page doesn't work. Logging out doesn't work. No user is able to move the row. Some days we can't move rows, other days we can. Some rows we have tried to move several times per week for several weeks with no success.

• Raquel Dent
    Options

Same here. It's happening, right now.

• sheetsmartsarah
    sheetsmartsarah ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue! I have to move roughly 10,000+ rows per quarter (thanks, 20,000 row limit). For whatever reason my move rows to another sheet workflow "fails" after maybe 500-1500 rows are moved.

There's no explanation other than "workflow failed. try again." Even after I try to run it manually...

• EimearC
    EimearC ✭✭
    Options

Hi, we're having a similar issue, when I go to copy or move rows from one sheet, it's not moving them or copying them to the destination sheet I select, it's copying or moving them to the same sheet I am trying to move them from! The destination sheet does tell me to refresh & I do, but the rows I attempted to move are not there & when I go back to the original sheet, there are now duplicates.