Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

WorkApps - Domain Access

Options
CraigO
CraigO ✭✭✭

With the recent release of the PMO Portfolio WorkApp it would be really beneficial to allow domain access like what is currently available in Dynamic View. With our portfolio app we want to create a generic role that has minimal access to the portfolio but can see basic information and submit new requests.

Thanks

Craig

12 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• mgarcen
    mgarcen ✭✭
    Options

The current permissions for workapps is extremely limiting. Having to individually add each person in my company to have access to it is very restrictive. It would be great if I could create a link for my workapp just like I can for the other components, which anyone in my company's single sign-on domain could have access to.

• JPJPJP
    JPJPJP ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/03/23
    Options

I frequently use Dynamic View and love how I'm able to easily grant access to my client company's whole domain, so we don't have to worry about managing individual users since they have thousands of employees.

WorkApps is strangely missing this same permission domain feature. My customers can see their requests in Dynamic View already using this domain permission feature, but they can't access the WorkApp for whatever reason.

There needs to be a way to make a WorkApp available to any user logged in on a specific domain (the exact same way Dynamic View does it).

• JPJPJP
    JPJPJP ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm looking for this as well! It's super important to be able to allow domain level access for Work Apps, exactly the same way Dynamic View does. My customer is a large enterprise with thousands of employees, it would be impossible to grant each individual employee at that customer access to the Work App, especially since new people join and leave all the time.

• JPJPJP
    JPJPJP ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/10/23
    Options

Bumping this up since this is a must have! Basically needs the same domain-level permission that Dynamic View has.

• JPJPJP
    JPJPJP ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's 2024 and still not here :(