Can't get my Assignees in Jira to sync over to Smartsheet

Kelly Gabel
Kelly Gabel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 03/09/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I've set up a connector to track certain Jira tickets over in Smartsheet as well. Even though I used the Contact List type of column, the Assignees are not coming over to the Smartsheet through the connector. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

Kelly L. Gabel

Owner/Founder

Tech-Savvy Academy

kellylgabel.com

Answers

• Hi @Kelly Gabel - if you haven't filed a Support ticket on this yet, I'd recommend doing that so they can dig in a little more here!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Hi @Danielle Wilson - many people have the same problem over years. The Jira-Smartsheet Connector seems to have problems regarding the synch of Assignees.

In my case I use Smartsheet as the source to synch a Text column to Jira "assignee displayname".

When I delete (clear) the Assignee text field in Smartsheet, the Assignee in Jira is still there.

Maybe I find a solution for that - but I feel, that this is a problem over years...

Kay Rösener

Sen. Technical Program Manager

• Hi @KROnline,

I asked around with the internal team and received the following answer - at the moment we have limitations on our ability to unset some Jira fields based on user data (like assignee and reporter) on cloud due to GDPR, so they thought your issue could likely be traced back there. If you'd like to have it investigated further, I'd recommend putting through a support ticket and having it escalated so it goes up to our Engineering team!

Best,

Danielle

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet