Automated Workflow...What is the best way to optimize the Update Request?

Hi,

I am trying to set up an automatic workflow that will send a notification to users who have tasks assigned to them on a weekly basis (recurring) to get status updates. I have created the following request with a custom message:

However, some users are not seeing the customized message, so they are unaware of the task that I am asking them to update...it looks like this in their inbox:

The other issue is that, this is not consistent...some users are seeing the customized message while others are not.

Also, I do not want users with multiple assigned tasks to get a separate email for each task, I want them to get one email that allows them to scroll through each task and update.

What is the best way to optimize the automated workflow to achieve this functionality?

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @eahills

I hope you're well and safe!

Ensure to include the same fields in the update fields as you have in the Placeholder information.

Also, have you explored using a report instead?

Placeholders will generate separate notifications when using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. The custom subject and body will be removed if seven or more rows are triggered at once.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• eahills
    eahills ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå - how would I utilize the report functionality?

Also - does anyone know the reason why there is a limit of six?? This seems extremely arbitrary and not very functional at all....

Thanks!