Data Shuttle and Googles Sheets that are connected by BigQuery

Options

Hello all I wanted to use Data Shuttle to import data from Google sheets. This sheet has multiple tabs of which some are connected by BigQuery and some are not. When I use Data Shuttle and target the "connected" tabs the mapping only shows the name of the Tab itself and not the column names. But if I select a tab that is not connected to BigQuery I can see all the column names and map to my sheet. Can I use Data Shuttle to import data from a Google sheet tab that is connected?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Elguapo24

I heard from another customer (also using BigQuery and Google Sheets) that if you set First Row = 2 it will pull in the column names and import the data!

Let me know if that resolved your issue.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Elguapo24

I heard from another customer (also using BigQuery and Google Sheets) that if you set First Row = 2 it will pull in the column names and import the data!

Let me know if that resolved your issue.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Elguapo24
    Elguapo24 ✭✭✭
    edited 03/24/23
    Options

Yes. That works @Genevieve P.! I ended up figuring it out just this morning by chance. For some reason when a sheet is connected to a data source the first row in Data shuttle is the name of the tab and the second row shows up with the column names. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.