How to make my automated email only send once?

Jeremy Oesch
Jeremy Oesch ✭✭
edited 03/27/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello! I am going to explain as best I can.

So i have a automated system setup and currently i have where they fill out a form and it then auto creates a Fillable PDF. That gets sent to them which they have to get signed and re submit it into smart sheet. I have it set up where it send an alert which has the PDF and then a separate one that sends the the update request where they can attach any files that are needed. I just noticed however that when ever they attach a document it re sends the email. I don't know how to make it only send once (The first time) as they need to submit multiple documents and whenever they want. So is there a way to make it only send once even if they add attachments later on? If possible I would prefer it to be completely internal rather than asking them to check a box or something in the request update form.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeremy Oesch

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd have to ask the submitter to select what they are submitting, or you'd have to use the Smartsheet API or a 3rd-party service that can "read" what they are submitting.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello,

I have never used API. If i were to download it would I be able to use it and Would it be a problem as i have a business account with multiple people but I am not the owner so would I be able to use it just for my account and not mess with the groups?