Change Pivot Table Column Names

Options

Hello,

Q1: My end goal is to be able to index collect via pivot tables, is that possible?

I noticed that my pivot table automatically "adds" to the column name than initially intended. Is there a way to change that?

I just want the column headers to be the first 3 letters of the month, which was I originally have it mapped to in the source sheet.

Below is a preview of what the pivot tool told me it would look like, but it's adding the second row to the column name (referencing the top picture), preview picture below:

Q2: How can I have the pivot table automatically have the column name only be the month, AND NOT: [month]-SUM-Translated Amount (USD): Per G/L?

Tags:

Answers

• Erin Arkin
    Options

In my experience with the pivot table, when you go to the actual report output (i.e., where you saved it) you can then edit the labels. By double clicking on the column (or right click and choose rename), you can then set the label up how you want it to present.

I hope that helps!

Erin

• clopez365
    clopez365 ✭✭✭
    Options

Is there a way to do this automatically? My challenge is that more columns will be added as months pass by. Additionally, I have formula's that refer to these columns