Filter by Form drop down list

Hi all,

I have this Sheet

And this Form

I would like reach next thing: When in the Form I am selecting one value from "Vendor" dropdown list, the "Product" dropdown list will show only related values.

For example: In "Vendor" was selected "iphone", when I will press on "Product" dropdown menu, I will see only "iphone" products.

This is possible?

Thanks ☺️

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Zeracool

I hope you're well and safe!

You could do that with the Conditional Form Logic feature.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Adri
    Adri ✭✭

Hi Andrée Starå

I have the same concern of Zeracool, but in the Conditional Form Logic feature, it is not possible to select the dropdown items in the column at the form.

Can you please explain how to do exactly what Zeracool asked about?

• Hey @Adri

Conditional Logic in forms can Hide or Show full fields - meaning that you cannot filter what shows as options in that field, but you could set up multiple columns, each with their own unique list of dropdown options, to hide and show. Does that make sense?

Please feel free to add your vote and voice to this Product Idea: Dynamic Dropdowns - Waterfall Request

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Adri
    Adri ✭✭

Thank you Genevieve P.

But this is too complex and sheets become wider.

Filtered drop-down lists according to category selection are much needed in forms.

Please develop this ASAP.

Commented on Dynamic Dropdowns - Waterfall Request as well.

• jlyon1
    jlyon1 ✭✭✭

+1 for this feature request

My company is using a form to assign trailers to yard locations, but we need to restrict the dropdowns by facility(PA warehouse vs. TX warehouse) and type(dock door vs. parking spot). In the current state, the form would require users to select from hundreds of options. This leaves much room for error, as users could mistakenly assign a trailer to a parking spot at the wrong facility and cause confusion for both warehouses. How can we restrict assignment options without creating a new sheet for each facility?