Using the Calendar with Outside network personnel

Options
Elizabeth Aird
Elizabeth Aird ✭✭✭✭
edited 03/31/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I work for a manufacturing company and we would like our customers to schedule their pickups. Is it possible to create a calendar where a customer can do this? Using a webform is not an option since they won't be able to receive positive or negative feedback via email.

We are using the basic calendar function. I believe there is an upgrade that might be worth the justification for cost if this can be done. Help?

Tags:

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Elizabeth Aird,

Depending on what scheduling pickups entails to in the context of your environment, the Calendar app could be an option to display available dates but publishing this wouldn't give access to the Calendar to your customers unless they are shared into the Calendar and the source sheet itself.

If you wish for your customers to request specific dates without having access to the source sheet, Forms sound like the best option. If your Form is connected to the same sheet as the Calendar, they could see their requests automatically populate this after submitting the Form. If you need to send them feedback regarding their submissions via email, you could possibly consider creating an alert Workflow that would automate this task.

I'm attaching some documentation about the Calendar app that you may find helpful for this purpose:

I hope that this can be of help. However, if you need more information about how the Calendar App may fit your needs best, please elaborate a little more on what your intended solution would need to look like. You may also share some captures of what you've built so far if this can help. Please make sure to hide any sensitive information if you decide to do this.

Cheers!

Julio