Copying Emails from Outlook into Contact Cells in Smartsheets

Options

I'm sure there is a simpler way to do this, but I'm not sure how. I want to copy and paste emails into a contact cell in my Smartsheets. When I copy them from out look it retains the format like this and doesn't recognize that person as a Smartsheet contact. Obviously, I can type in the names and their contacts will come up in the cell, but it's easier to copy and paste.

Lastname, Firstname<email@email.com>

Does anyone know the simpler way to do this? I am often trying to input this information after Zoom meetings to take attendance and send out meeting notes. I

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @BethWork

I assume you're copying all email addresses at once from a To or Cc field. Whether you're doing that, or right clicking on a contact; you're going to get that format that you don't want.

The only way I'm aware is to hover over a contact. The contact card appears, and the email address is listed. Right click their email address, and select "Copy Email". I would imagine that's a lot more work than you want to do.

Best of luck!

BRgds,

-Ray

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ray Lindstrom

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I kind of figured there wasn't an easier/faster way. I appreciate it!

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@BethWork Another alternative for mass changes is to use a filter (is one of) as you'll see all the list of emails in the values drop down menu. In a second column (contact type) you'll be able to copy/paste multiple cells at once.