Reupload Data with DataShuttle

AnnaEsKovacs
AnnaEsKovacs ✭✭
edited 06/02/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Dear All!

I would like to create a tool which uses Data Shuttle. Basic idea is to ask user to upload attachment (via a form) which would trigger a data shuttle and info in the attachment would go to a transition sheet from where it would be moved to the target sheet with automation. It works nicely, however, I need to consider the possibility that they want to correct a previously uploaded data. In an ideal world I would add a check box to the form saying "Reupload?" and if they tick it it would trigger a mechanism which would delete the formerly uploaded data (maybe based on a common identifier and the value of the check box). Do you know if this is possible to achieve? I tried to insert the checkbox but it didn't update the Reupload column in any way (I guess due to the data shuttle and automation).

Basically I would like to avoid creating a duplicate sheet from the target sheet which would need to be manually maintained.

What do you think?

thank you for your help in advance ☺️

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You are welcome. One Day the platform will allow this but for now we wait. If my answer was sufficient please mark your question as answered.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

Answers

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe this is possible at this time. What I do to rerun data is a rerun check box, but I have to manually go in and delete the last attachment and rerun.

Ken Armstrong

• Thank you, Ken, this is what I was afraid of. 😀

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You are welcome. One Day the platform will allow this but for now we wait. If my answer was sufficient please mark your question as answered.

Ken Armstrong

• @AnnaEsKovacs Data Shuttle wouldn't allow you to delete the previous dataset but if there were changes to the existing dataset in the updated attachment, the new attachment could overwrite the old data. Does that solve your issue?

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Thank you Danielle! So I upload the data with data shuttle but immediately move it to another sheet by automation - this is the only way unfortunately as for some reason the unique id thing is not working for me. But if you have any other idea, please let me know!

• @AnnaEsKovacs If you have Pro Support on your plan, it might be worth getting a Pro Desk session to have them look through your current set up and see if there's a way to optimize it / get it working with just Data Shuttle!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet