Change a form submission + approval needed

Options

Hi all,

I'm working on a build request is asking:

1. use form to submit new project - DONE
  2. be able to revisit the prior form submission to change certain key fields
  3. the key change needs to be approved before data change is made on the sheet

Can someone provide some ideas for step #2 &#3?

some posts mentioned about Dynamic view but didn't get into details, if you are a dynamic view guru, please kindly share some more details steps.😅

Many Thanks.

Best Answer

• JJWW
    JJWW ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE on my solution:

• I created a dynamic view of the sheet to show the original submitted data.
    • I added a column {change comments} on the sheet, and make this as a required field for dynamic view in panel details. (yes it's very manual and not perfect)
    • On the sheet, any change will trigger a copy row flow to a "change log" sheet; a "last modified date" and a "last modified by" column are created to capture who made the changes and when. These should be all copied to change log for audit purpose.
    • Key change approval flow is set at sheet level.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JJWW

I hope you're well and safe!

Dynamic View is an excellent solution, but if it would work depends on who and how many different submitters and different domains there can be.

Another great solution is the following from @Cleversheet.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JJWW
    JJWW ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE on my solution:

• I created a dynamic view of the sheet to show the original submitted data.
    • I added a column {change comments} on the sheet, and make this as a required field for dynamic view in panel details. (yes it's very manual and not perfect)
    • On the sheet, any change will trigger a copy row flow to a "change log" sheet; a "last modified date" and a "last modified by" column are created to capture who made the changes and when. These should be all copied to change log for audit purpose.
    • Key change approval flow is set at sheet level.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!