Assign Contacts to Child Rows Based on Criteria in Parent Row

Options

We have multiple stages in our projects that are set up with a parent row and then child rows below. I would like to assign a contact to the parent row of a stage and have that contact automatically assign to all child rows below. Is there a way this can be done without add-on software?

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So I would advise against putting a contact in a parent and in a child row as they will have that time they are working on those tasks counted double. So if you ever end up using resource planning, your numbers will be greatly off due to the doubling of all their time. If you still want to do this, all you would have to do is put an = in the the first child cell then click on the parent cell. It will populate the formula for you. Just put a $ in front of the number that comes up when you click on the parent cell. Now, just select the first child cell and mouse over the lower right corner until the + cursor comes up. Click and drag down for all the children under that parent. Repeat for each grouping.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• JMadd
    JMadd ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the advise however, I have previously tried this and I am not able to create a formula in the contact column cells. The new cell just reads "=" and will not take the formula. I have the same idea for some of the other columns that copy down without issue. The column with issue is set up as a contact list.