DocuSign Generate Document Issue

Options
N_K
N_K ✭✭✭
edited 07/05/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I currently have a template mapped out with the columns I want text to be generated in, however I have an issue where if there's too much text, it will overflow into the next lines and obscure the text of other fields.

I know when you generate a document as a PDF it will adjust the field/text for it to fit, but I'm lost at how to fix that issue with docusign, please help!

I need the docusign integration to help drive some automations on my solution.

Answers

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I found a different experience with the .pdf and find I have to format the field that is giving me problems. We have to go into the .pdf, change the font and formatting of the specific field we use and then go back into smartsheet to test the document before approving it for the system we built. Unless there is an autosize formatting we are not using -- we typically like to customize this as much as possible anyway.

Our organization doesn't use the docusign pathway here, but is it possible to go into the docusign and format that field differently? Font size, field width, etc? That might help solve the problem if you haven't tried that yet/if thats possible with the docusign feature. Another thought, changing the size and formatting of the cell in smartsheet might also help.

Hope this helps you.

Certifications:

-Smartsheet 2023 Core Product Certification

-Smartsheet 2023 System Administrator Certification

• Hamza1
    Hamza1 Moderator
    Options

Hi @N_K,

To add to @StevenBlackburnMBA's great input, you may also use a third party application such as Adobe to enable “Multi-line”. To allow for multi-line entry in an Adobe Sign field, double-click on the field and select 'multi-line data entry.' Extending the size of the field will also help to make it easier to view the field.

For more information on using Adobe you may refer to the documentation here.

Thanks,

Hamza

• N_K
    N_K ✭✭✭
    edited 07/11/23
    Options

Thank you both,

I ended up having to edit my original pdf field to be bigger to accommodate more lines of text as well as change the font size on the DocuSign side.

It would be nice if there was a way for how Smartsheet generates a document; ie fields are auto-sized to fit all the text and then have that be routed through DocuSign with the automations that come with it, but alas, this solution will have to do for now.

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks N_K, looks like it we were able to help out. I do agree with auto-formatting, this could be a significant improvement in time saved editing and preparing the documents.

Certifications:

-Smartsheet 2023 Core Product Certification

-Smartsheet 2023 System Administrator Certification

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that this should be available through Smartsheet in document generation. Smartsheet already has multi-line text available in forms, so hopefully it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make it available when generating documents.

Has anyone started a Product Idea post about this yet?