How to get symbol to automatically update in destination sheet when it updates in the source sheet

Options

I have rows copying over to a new sheet whenever column C is a certain name the box in column J is checked.

Source sheet:

Destination sheet:

I would like a formula to automatically update the symbol in column L of the destination sheet to match the symbol in column M of the source sheet when the rows of columns A, B, C, D, E, and F match each other between both sheets.

In short, whenever the symbol changes colors, I would like that to be updated in the destination sheet as well. Is this possible?

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @abosh13

An Index/Collect should give you what you need

=INDEX(COLLECT({source sheet M},{source sheet A}, A@row, {source sheet B}, B@row, {source sheet C}, C@row, {source sheet D}, D@row, {source sheet E}, E@row, {source sheet F}, F@row),1)

You will use the Reference Another Sheet LINK within the Formula window to link to your source sheet. Each source sheet reference above refers to the single (entire) column in the source sheet. If you are unfamiliar with cross sheet references you can find more info here

Don't forget to change the Alphabet letters to your actual column names for each of the LETTER@row designations.

Will that work for you?

Kelly