Default Homepage

I'm evaluating Smartsheet for a team which includes non-technical users. Everything so far is really intuitive but I've hit a brick wall when it comes to the home page.

I want for users to log in and land on a specific dashboard or page so they don't need to think about whether they want to see a workplace, grid, dashboard, whatever.

It seems like the only option is that they land on the (fairly unfriendly) homepage then navigate to a specific dashboard in a specific project or workspace. It's like the designers forgot what a dashboard is.

Am I missing something here?

Best Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Geoff,

I understand your frustration.

To workaround it you can create a bookmarks folder on the browser and share it, then the non-technical users can just choose from the list instead of within Smartsheet.

Hope that helps!

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

A system admin (on an enterprise account) can set up a custom welcome screen.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I also send out a link to a landing page and instruct user to click on the star to the right of the dashboard name. This way when they log in, they can just click on the star in the left toolbar to open their favorites and select the landing page from there.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Geoff,

I understand your frustration.

To workaround it you can create a bookmarks folder on the browser and share it, then the non-technical users can just choose from the list instead of within Smartsheet.

Hope that helps!

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

A system admin (on an enterprise account) can set up a custom welcome screen.

10xViz.com

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I also send out a link to a landing page and instruct user to click on the star to the right of the dashboard name. This way when they log in, they can just click on the star in the left toolbar to open their favorites and select the landing page from there.

10xViz.com