Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

REVERSE A WEB-FORM

Gilly Pay
Gilly Pay
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I would like to be able to select a row and the information held in that row populate a web-form so that I can send the completed form to another user.

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is no simple solution to that and it does depend if you want that person to onward edit the content or just read it? 

However this will work if suitable... Recreate the webform content in a Google Doc,, then GoogleMerge the content of the Row and elect to email the resultant "form" to the person you have designated in the original sheet. (That field/ recipient would either be entered by you after the form produces a new Row or you could Hide it in the Form and set a default person to send to if only one). Can go by PDF if you prefer itto a google Doc, eg Microsoft users? Also a default email message can be set up to go with the Doc/Pdf. 

Depending on your exact needs there are a couple of other ways to tackle this. Happy to discuss if you can elbaorate what the recipient is expected to do with what you send them? See video instructions. 

http://youtu.be/DPxzNK1wUrE

• Update requests allow you to send a row to someone via email with the ability to make changes to the row. See: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/504779-using-update-requests

• Mark Mader
    Mark Mader Employee

Gilly - 

Would your expectations be met if we allowed today's 'send row' feature to be displayed in a vertical (form) layout as opposed to the horizonal layout that it currently provides?

Our edit row view in the application will be receiving an update later this summer and I could place an enhancement request with the team asking for that vertical presentation to be printable and 'sendable'.

Please let me know and thanks for posting.

Mark

• Mark, that would be enormously helpful and what I require.

Thank you (and I love Smartsheet by the way).

• To be able to have the data sit vertically in an email would be a massive help for us too. Is this still on the cards?

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Justin, we havent added the ability to view a row vertically in an email (I will add your vote for it!) but we recently updated our Update Request functionality to show rows in a vertical view. Here is an article from our Help Center on Update Requests:  http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/504779-using-update-requests

• My workaround is copying & pasting the column info to excel and then recopying the information and pasting using paste transpose to get the column info into rows.

Yeah, more than a little clunky, but it works.

This discussion has been closed.