Auto-populate emails on a "contact list" column

Options
ocanel
ocanel ✭✭
edited 08/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a Form created for internal employees where they can submit request tickets to my department. We all have an account with Smartsheet. One of our columns ("Requestor Name") is in the Form where they type in their names. The "Requestor Name" column is a Contac List column.

My issue here is, how can I have Smartsheet recognize their accounts when they start typing their names? I know in the Form we can restrict the value to "Email Validation" but when I was testing it out with my colleagues, their names still won't show when typing. I have to add them manually into the column in order for their names to show as a list once they start typing.

Since we all have an account with Smartsheet (>200), I don't want to manually add all the accounts. How can I have Smartsheet recognize all the accounts?

Best Answer

• Shanky Paul
    Shanky Paul ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Add a "Created By" column in your sheet and turn on "Required smartsheet login to access your form" in your form setting. So that whoever fills out the form, their email id will be automatically captured in "created by" column. This will replace your "Requestor Name" column.

Thank you!

Answers

• Shanky Paul
    Shanky Paul ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Add a "Created By" column in your sheet and turn on "Required smartsheet login to access your form" in your form setting. So that whoever fills out the form, their email id will be automatically captured in "created by" column. This will replace your "Requestor Name" column.

Thank you!