Create a form from Smartsheet data

Options

Here is an odd idea that we want to determine if it will work with Smartsheet.

Our associates should be able to fill out a form and send it back to our offices, where it will immediately update in Smartsheet according to the entered categories. We are hoping we can then pull this information by monthly update to present on a report to show leadership. I'm thinking a Pivot sheet, but I'm not sure how it would work. Has anyone ever done something like this before? What advice would you give? Thanks!

Answers

• Victoria_Indimar
    Victoria_Indimar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello - Yes this would work and something easy to setup in Smartsheet. Would need more specific to say what exactly needs to be done. Can you provide an example of what info is collected in a form, what info is determined by categories, and then what kind of monthly info you would want to present?

• Electricguy
    Options

Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

Form

Compliance: ________________

Date: _________________

Assigned To: ____________________

Comments: _______________________

Table in Smart Sheet

I need to be able to quickly pull data by date and assignments.

Let me know if this needs more clarity. Thanks!

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this should be possible.

The form with the 4 values will update a grid sheet.

Then design a Row Report based on the grid sheet with Group by Compliance Code enabled.

This will list all the Dates, Assignments and Comments under each Compliance Code. You could also add a Total Count of rows by Compliance code too which would show if the grouping was collapsed.

You can send the report on a scheduled basis to a designated recipient list too as either a PDF or MS Excel attachment. (if required).

Have fun!

Kind regards

Debbie