Form Automation with Entered Email Address

I am building a form for someone but instead of a contact list, they want users to fill in the email address for the staff in that field. They would also like to have the form notify the person whose email has been entered into the field that there was a request submitted.

Can we do this without the Contact List option?

Also the email addresses being entered are not the submitter so they do not automatically populate.

Answers

• Ramzi
    Ramzi ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please provide more information as to why you are not wanting to use the Contact List field type?

If you don't want to use a Contact List field on the form, but want the automation once the row gets to the sheet, create a text field to receive the email address on the form and then a column formula in a Contact List field that references the value in the text field. Then run your automation on the Contact List field.

I hope that makes sense.

Smartsheet Solutions Architect

www.adapture.com

• Thank you your help. The reason they do not want to use a Contact List field type is the contacts on that list ( Program Scientists) change frequently so they do not want to go in and keep updating the Contact List.

• @Ramzi you mention in the response - create a column formula in a Contact List field that references the value in the text field. What formula will make this happen? Anything I try does not work. I have text column already capturing the email address on the form. Thank you