data shuttle filter lacks an option to filter rows dynamically on date fields

Naren
Naren ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/18/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I need to apply a dynamic filter criterion to a date field, specifically filtering for rows where the transaction date is current day, within a data shuttle workflow. Unfortunately, I can only find static date choices, which is inconsistent from what's possible in Smartsheet reports (where I can use the "is today" filter). Any ideas on how to work around this limitation?

Tags:

Best Answer

• anuraggogna
    anuraggogna ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Naren, while you will need an extra column its easy to accomplish.

1. Create a new column called say "Today"
    2. In the column, create a column formula, for TRUE / FALSE, to check if the date in JVd Date = Today().
    3. This way you will get TRUE for columns where JVd Date is today.

Now as this represents a static column, you can use filter on this column in your data shuttle. Also, you can hide this column in sheets so as not to add clutter. Hope it helps. Let me know if you need any further clarity on above steps.

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post screenshots for the worklow, target and source columns in each smartsheet or excel/ csv? And is the source sheet Smartsheet or target sheet?

• Naren
    Naren ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your response.

Source: Smartsheet

Target: Onedrive/Teams folder

Data shuttle filtering screenshot:

Report screenshot:

• anuraggogna
    anuraggogna ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Naren, while you will need an extra column its easy to accomplish.

1. Create a new column called say "Today"
    2. In the column, create a column formula, for TRUE / FALSE, to check if the date in JVd Date = Today().
    3. This way you will get TRUE for columns where JVd Date is today.

Now as this represents a static column, you can use filter on this column in your data shuttle. Also, you can hide this column in sheets so as not to add clutter. Hope it helps. Let me know if you need any further clarity on above steps.

• Naren
    Naren ✭✭✭✭

@anuraggogna I appreciate the workaround; it should work, but I was hoping someone might identify something I had missed, possibly already built into the data shuttle's filtering capabilities (though that may have been wishful thinking). I'm optimistic that the Smartsheet product team will acknowledge this need and include the "is today" option in the data shuttle workflow filtering in the near future, eliminating the need for creating additional helper columns that consume unnecessary space.