Anyone use SS for work order management?

Options
UT Steve
UT Steve ✭✭
edited 09/29/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Every month I have 40-50 customer sites I need to visit to complete tests or inspections. I want to ensure I'm being as efficient as possible and using SS to its full potential. I'm happy to screen share and/or teams video-chat to show what I've done thus far. Also, I'm curious if anyone knows how to change all card colors in the respective month to yellow at the beginning of the month, and if there's such a thing as 'compact view' when viewing the "Attachments" list. Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @UT Steve

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you elaborate on how you use it now and share some more screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• UT Steve
    Options

Good morning @Andrée Starå ,

Thank you for your quick response!

Question 1: Is there a way to conditionally format these cards so every card within a certain month changes to yellow at the beginning of their respective month (on Oct 1, all cards within the Oct lane change to yellow)? I'm currently changing these manually but know there has to be a more efficient way. I use the colors to quickly indicate status (i.e.; yellow means they need to be inspected, green means they've been inspected, and blue means they've been billed). Please see attached pic.

Question 2: Is there a way to see the attachments in a condensed/compact view? I like seeing them but want to quickly glance over said attachments rather than scroll down every cards attachments. Please see attached pic (folder view accompanied for example/comparison).

Thank you.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UT Steve

Happy to help!

Q1: Yes, but I'd like to see the Grid view of the sheet. Can you share a screenshot of it?

Q2: Unfortunately, as far as I know, there isn't one in Smartsheet at the moment.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• UT Steve
    Options

Understood. Anything specific you'd like to see in Grid View?

• UT Steve
    Options

Still awaiting response; not yet resolved.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UT Steve

Try something like this.

• Add a so-called helper column (Monthnumber) with the following formula and convert it to a Column Formula.

=MONTH(TODAY())

• Then, add something like this in the conditional formatting. Start with one, and then make a copy for each month.

Make sense?

Did that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• UT Steve
    Options

Yes sir, thank you Andree!

I have another question if you don't mind; I want to create a pie chart on my dashboard, showing how many total inspections are due each month and how many have been completed (via checkbox in "I" column). I know I can figure this out in excel but I want everything in Smartsheet. How can I do this?

Thank you!