Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Generated Documents as Email Attachments

Options

As the topic states, it would be great if we could simply attach our generated documents to an e-mail with a quick message OR remove everything except for the custom message and the link.

------------

Full explanation:

We use a form to gather a sales request from customers (perfect, no notes).

Then we use an automation to generate a "quote" on the row (excellent).

Following that the customer recieves a workflow automation asking for them to review and approve the quote (flawless).

After being "approved" ("declined" don't apply to this request) we generate a document for our procurement team to review and enter into our ERP system (this is where the request comes in).

When the document goes to our sales team the e-mail is, frankly, not appealing to the eye and requires the CSR to open a link to download the file, but that link is obfuscated by the body of the email.

So, if we could write a simple message such as, "please review the attachment and place the order in the ERP system" and the attachment included in the e-mail, or all of the other... stuff... removed from the e-mail body that would be amazing.

Picture of the current e-mail and I circled the sections that I believe could be kept to simplify how it looks.

7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• MaggieM
    MaggieM ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This continues to be a huge problem for us too. We send offer letters out this way and the individuals don't need access to the underlying sheet at all

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers
    Options

We have the same issue. We want to send the generated document as an attachment, not a link. We also want the option to choose generated doc and not all attachments. Many times, our clients try to retrieve documents only to discover the link has expired. Now, our only option is to manually download and send in an email.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Krisztina
    Options

This is exactly what I want to be able to do as well. Have the Generated Document attach to the notification that is sent to the receiver.