Work App Page Permissions are locked

Options

We are using control center to auto provision a project folder in a workspace and a work app for the project. The auto provisioning of the work app creates several roles, defaults users to those roles and adds pages with page permissions for each role. As the Work App Owner, I am trying to change the page permissions for the roles, (ie. change from hidden to viewer for specific roles) however within the page permissions for the role they are showing as locked and the drop down to change the access is greyed out and will not let me change. If I manually add a page to the work app it allows me to manage the page permissions. Why am I not able to change permissions for pages added through the auto provisioning that is coming from the control center blue print?

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    edited 10/17/23
    Options

You cannot change the permissions that are originally setup. You have to have the blueprint owner make those changes in the "source" workapp using Control Center. Changes they make will propagate to all project workapps.

As a workapp owner for a project, you can ADD stuff, but cannot remove or change the original stuff.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Jclifton
    Options

When you setup the "source" work app through control center, can you select what pages get created? Right now every page that is getting created in the workspace during the provisioning is getting added in the work app. Is there a way to select just one page to get added to the work app for all the roles?

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

In the source blueprint workapp you can have the owner set certain pages to be hidden. They cannot prevent the templates from being in the workapp, but they can hide them for certain roles. However you cannot change that after the fact in your project workapp... whatever content and permissions and roles are set in the source blueprint, those settings are not changeable in the project workapp.

The things that are determined by the blueprint workapp for all project workapps, and cannot be altered by a project workapp owner are:

• Templates (all templates are automatically added to the workapp, but they can be set to Hidden for each role in the blueprint workapp if you don't want to see them)
    • Roles
    • Starting Role members (this can be "hard coded" or can be set through the intake sheet, or both)
    • Hide/view/edit permissions for each template, per role

Things you can change as a project workapp owner in an individual project workapp:

• Add new content and set hide/view/edit permissions for existing roles
    • Add new roles and set hide/view/edit permissions on new content for new roles
    • Share to new people and place them into any role or multiple roles

Something you could work out with the blueprint owner would be to either hide certain content for everyone, or setup the blueprint to have a role where that content is hidden and then share your teams into that "hide stuff" role instead of the default "show everything" role. The initial sharing can be driven by the Intake sheet, if you have a contact column in the intake sheet, you can put people in that column and setup the blueprint to place them into a specific role in the workapp. It's a one-time add at provisioning though...after provisioning you can share additional people into whatever roles you wish.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN