Smartsheet Calendar

Options
heyjay
heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10/20/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Clicking the 'Refresh List Value' does not refresh the list. I added new items on the column (dropdown) yet they are not showing.

Does this calendar update in real time too? Or it takes a few hours?

I also notice that when I click refresh on the list of my calendar view, it does not update Last Update field.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @heyjay

There can be a minor delay from when you add new values in the sheet to when the Calendar App can pull in those new entries, but it shouldn't be more than a few minutes. I would personally allow around 2 - 5 minutes to let the sheet update/save and the Calendar App recognize the change.

When the Calendar App recognizes the new values selected in the cells, you'll see a prompt to refresh. The "Custom Category List Order" will appear in Red:

I see that you said you added these values to the Column versus in the row, is that correct? If so, you would have needed to set up the Calendar originally based on the column values, versus what was selected in the cells. If you set up the Calendar originally with cell selections, then updated Column Values, the Calendar will only identify new values when they're in cells versus when they've been added to the column as an option. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @heyjay

There can be a minor delay from when you add new values in the sheet to when the Calendar App can pull in those new entries, but it shouldn't be more than a few minutes. I would personally allow around 2 - 5 minutes to let the sheet update/save and the Calendar App recognize the change.

When the Calendar App recognizes the new values selected in the cells, you'll see a prompt to refresh. The "Custom Category List Order" will appear in Red:

I see that you said you added these values to the Column versus in the row, is that correct? If so, you would have needed to set up the Calendar originally based on the column values, versus what was selected in the cells. If you set up the Calendar originally with cell selections, then updated Column Values, the Calendar will only identify new values when they're in cells versus when they've been added to the column as an option. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve