Data Shuttle Upload Filters

Options

I am using Data Shuttle to upload Smartsheet's own Users.csv report into a sheet. That report has multiple TRUE/FALSE columns. I was trying to apply a filter to one of these columns. In my target sheet all of these Booleans are configured as checkbox columns, and all columns are mapped. It took me about 15 attempts to get the data to load, and after tinkering with no filters, additional filters, etc. I discovered that this:

will not load even though the Users.csv true/false columns are all capitalized. However, this works fine:

Does anyone know why this is, or if it is documented anywhere? It makes me wonder if there are any similar nuances to watch out for.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Scott Peters

Filters in Data Shuttle are case sensitive, as you've found, and it reads a checkbox column as true (lowercase) for checked or false (again, lowercase) for un-checked.

Boolean values such as a checked box are definitely one of the trickier things to filter by, since the filter doesn't have "Checked" or "Unchecked" as a criteria! Thanks for posting your solution for our other members.

Please feel free to submit any feedback you have about this to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea for Data Shuttle!

Thank you,

Genevieve