Data Shuttle Works upon set up then fails

Options
Caprise
Caprise ✭✭
edited 11/03/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello, I set up an Offload workflow to SharePoint. It ran for two days and has been falling since. I receive the following error "Workflow Execute: Could not access target. Please check your workflow configuration for errors.". In some of the research, found that I should not use Microsoft Edge. I deleted my workflow and created a new one in Chrome, and I'm experiencing the same issue.

Thank you.


Answers

  • Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Are you offloading to a shared or personal SharePoint site? Data Shuttle should respect the restrictions of SharePoint as well as Smartsheet. If it's on a shared drive there can be some weird behavior where it works intermittently. For example if other people in your org are trying to access the source file while Data Shuttle is attempting to run (in Smartsheet or SharePoint I believe), it will often fail. Shared drives are tougher and can be inconsistent. If it's a personal drive then this would be odd behavior for sure.

  • Caprise
    Caprise ✭✭
    Options

    Thank you for the response. It is on a shared SharePoint. I have it set to run overnight; however, we do have colleagues who may leave it open or work different time zone that may open it.

  • Tammy McCauley
    Options

    Caprise - this just happened to me and this is how I resolved it. We wanted to offload to a SharePoint folder in a shared site. It failed when I selected the folder from the SharePoint path. I went to the folder in SharePoint and created a shortcut to OneDrive. Once I did that, I went back to creating the workflow and mapped it via "My Files" in One Drive and that worked.


  • Caprise
    Caprise ✭✭
    Options

    Thank you Tammy. The One Drive you speak of, that is only something I can access, I need this open to all colleague in my organization. Have you run into that issue?

  • Josh Reilly
    Josh Reilly ✭✭✭
    Options

    I have also run into this issue. received a response from support suggesting that it is a change on the Microsoft side of things:

    " I've just received an update from the engineering team and from their investigation, the root cause of the issue is coming from the Microsoft environment as their picker is inconsistently returning the wrong id for a file/folder and a driveId (inside the @odata.context property) for the Sharepoint site selected (or OneDrive personal drive)."


    I have a ticket opened with Microsoft to resolve.

  • Caprise
    Caprise ✭✭
    Options

    Thank you Josh!

  • Brad Powers
    Brad Powers ✭✭✭
    Options

    I'm trying to resolve this same problem right now. @Josh Reilly was Microsoft able to resolve this for you?

  • Josh Reilly
    Josh Reilly ✭✭✭
    Options

    @Brad Powers Yes, I was told that the Smartsheet support team and Microsoft have sorted this as an issue (as of a few days ago). My functions are currently working, but I did have to go through the setup process again to relink the sharepoint site and credentials.

  • Caprise
    Caprise ✭✭
    Options

    Thank you Josh!

    Thank you, I'm going to go give it a try.

  • Caprise
    Caprise ✭✭
    Options

    Like before, worked the first time, and failed every run thereafter.

  • Brad Powers
    Brad Powers ✭✭✭
    Options

    We found that an external workflow that udpated the file in OneDrive was set up to delete the old file and save a new version, rather than updating the existing file. This caused Smartsheet to be unable to locate the source file. Troubleshooting our automations and ensuring the file id remained consistent was the solution in our case.

  • cbellantonio
    Options

    I ran into this same issue and the solution @Brad Powers described worked for me as well. We changed the external workflow that updated the file in OneDrive/Sharepoint (Shared Drive) to only replace the data in the existing file (keep file ID the same each time), not delete the old and save a new file.