Data Shuttle Symbols - ​

Hi,

I am offloading a sheet into excel to just build out a timeline for my team using a scatter chart. Smartsheets Timeline tool just doesn't quite do what I need yet. After I used Data Shuttle to offload the data a few of my titles came through with "​" in the title name. Any guesses as to why and how to fix it?

There really isn't anything special about these rows, just random. The symbols are showing up where a space would be.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Dakota Haeffner

Symbols like this are usually associated with a type of character that the export is unable to parse.

For example, this:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

turns into this in a Data Shuttle offload:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to admit I'm not exactly sure which symbol  "​" represents. Are you able to post the text that you have in one of those cells? If we can find out what it is, you could find-and-replace all of those values with something else instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Dakota Haeffner

Symbols like this are usually associated with a type of character that the export is unable to parse.

For example, this:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

turns into this in a Data Shuttle offload:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have to admit I'm not exactly sure which symbol  "​" represents. Are you able to post the text that you have in one of those cells? If we can find out what it is, you could find-and-replace all of those values with something else instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now