Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Row Link Column

Options

Inside Row Properties, with the API, and with Bridge, you can extract the row specific URL. It would be very helpful if that was just a system column like created or modified.

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Brandon29
    Brandon29 âś­âś­âś­
    edited 08/09/23
    Options

Hello!

After discussing with some of our company's users, it would be great if there was a way to auto-populate a column with the hyperlink for each row in a sheet. I'm not sure if this would be better as a formula or a new column type. Our main use case for this is in generating reports from a large RAID log which get displayed for users. Including the row link would enable them to click right to that row in sheet for more information without having to navigate through the hundreds of items.

Thank you!

• Bligh
    Bligh âś­âś­
    edited 03/18/24
    Options

Have a generated column that has the hyperlink to the row it linked to.

Use Case:

I am using a tool outside of Smartsheet to filter down or make reports of my data. I am able to pull through the Row Link Column at any point to click through into the live row that the data is associated with in Smartsheet.

This would be a good extension of the already existing option to find the row link data under properties, however just allows more flexibility.

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

This is a good idea.

I have given my users the ability to do this using techniques similar to what I describe in Using WebHooks & API to create your own custom Column Functions, but really would be nice as a native system column.

• JCroz
    JCroz âś­âś­
    Options

Yes! So much. I presently extract the row link and insert it into a column. It would be so much more useful to insert a column, same as with Created By, Modified, Latest Comment, etc.