Adding 2nd product line to existing Project Management Office (PMO) workspace

Options
Kathy PPT
Kathy PPT ✭✭✭
edited 01/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have setup the PMO workspace and use it for onboarding our primary product. I have an Intake Form which links to or from Metadata and Project Plan sheets. Links are working properly.

I have been asked to setup the same for a secondary product which my team onboards. The tasks (project plan) are entirely different. I'm looking for the best way to add the new product projects and hopefully have it rollup with the primary product to the portfolio level. Is it possible to use the workspace/templates/intake, etc.? If I need to create a whole different PMO workspace, what is the best way to tie the portfolio dashboard data together.

Attached are the current PMO and Project Template Structures.

Answers

• Matt___New_Era_Tech
    Options

Hi Kathy,

To give you the best recommendation for how to achieve this, I believe we would need a little more information about how you manage your projects. I have personally built solutions like the one you are describing for many teams, but the nuance around how these template sets are built and managed depends on multiple factors.

I would be happy to give you my free professional recommendation as someone with over 5 years of experience building Smartsheet solutions for companies of all sizes. Please feel free to reach out to me at matthew.strehler@neweratech.com and we can set up a quick 30-minute call to walk through it.

Best,

Matthew Strehler | Senior Solutions Consultant

New Era Technology

Matthew.Strehler@NewEraTech.com | neweratech.com

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Matthew,

I appreciate your offer and will take you up on it. We have corporate functions going on this week, so I will reach back out (via email) when I can schedule a meeting.

Thank you,

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kathy PPT

I hope you're well and safe!

Are you using Control Center, or is that an option?

The best structure depends on the specifics. Is it only the task/project plan that would be different?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.