Bridge and DataShuttle

I have a sheet that is attached to a DataShuttle that is used to upload an invoice. On the invoice there could be multiple line items per category and there are 19 categories. I want to use bridge to automatically sort the entries that get added into their respective parent rows. I have been able to do this with one or two entries with a text workflow. When I created a new workflow to account for all the categories and use DataShuttle to upload, there are maybe 20 different entries it never seems to work. However the run log keeps growing.

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers

When you view the run log does it show each run was completed? Do you see each module in the run log?

I recently learned that if you add the same module more than once to the same workflow, you need to add a New State before it, otherwise Bridge ignores the module.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

Hi Chris, I would do something like this:

1) Trigger the Bridge workflow when a row is added. That should trigger your workflow once for each row that is added. When triggered, Bridge will get the row ID that was added.

2) In your Bridge workflow, you'll need the following steps:

Step 1: Get Row: you need the Category value from the row that was just added

Step 2: Search Sheet: search for the parent that matches the category name. I'm assuming you have a Description or similar column where you have the parent names, include that column in your Search Sheet options. Be sure to check the "Include Sheet Data" option, which will give you the row ID of the parent row.

Step 3: Update Row: update the row that was added and use the Advanced Options...Location...Parent ID setting to reference the row ID from your Search Sheet step (the row ID of the parent that matches the category name). That will move your row underneath that parent. By default it will be placed as the first child...but if you also check "Bottom" it will be placed as the last child row under that parent.

If you get that workflow working, then it will trigger for each and every row that your Data Shuttle adds to the sheet and should move those rows under their respective parent rows as children.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN