Why can't I drag and drop an email from Outlook in M365 to Smartsheet Row in Sheet?

Options
Rebecca_Kolker
Rebecca_Kolker ✭✭✭✭
edited 01/24/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am trying to drag and drop an email from Outlook in Office 365 to row in my sheet. I can't get it to work. But, when I go to my desktop Outlook and drag and drop it, I have no problem. Does anyone know why this is and is there a work around?

Thanks! Rebecca

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rebecca_Kolker,

I'll take a stab - think it's a limitation when working from Outlook in Office 365 (or from any email website interface ). Dragging emails from these sites (e.g. gmail.com, outlook.office.com) is limited to the website you have opened. Whereas if you were to drag emails from an the app, Outlook desktop, you are creating a copy of the file (.msg) and hence able to attach it to Smartsheet directly.

Cheers,

Ric

Answers

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rebecca_Kolker,

I'll take a stab - think it's a limitation when working from Outlook in Office 365 (or from any email website interface ). Dragging emails from these sites (e.g. gmail.com, outlook.office.com) is limited to the website you have opened. Whereas if you were to drag emails from an the app, Outlook desktop, you are creating a copy of the file (.msg) and hence able to attach it to Smartsheet directly.

Cheers,

Ric

• Rebecca_Kolker
    Rebecca_Kolker ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Ric T I appreciate your response. It's so strange because it looks like it is going to work but then doesn't.