Calendar App- Row order not matching on the calendar view

Options

I have dates grouped by a parent and there is a "kickoff" that I need to be in green, "in progress" in yellow, and then "the end" to be in red. I have the conditional formats and everything set up, but what is stumping me is I can't get the bars that are the same location to stay lined together when in the Calendar View.

I thought I figured it out, by organizing the rows in the grid view, but that only worked for a short time until many more dates were mixed in to the list. I also tried sorting by type and then by number (bar title) and still didn't work for all weeks.

I need the different color rows to line up to match the numbers in the example

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Carolyn

Here is the order that tasks are displayed in Calendar View:

1. Start date (e.g. Dec 1 gets top down priority over Dec 2)
    2. Duration (e.g. a three day task starting on Dec 1 gets priority over a one day task starting on Dec 1)
    3. Natural row order (e.g. "row 5" in the sheet is displayed before "row 6")

There currently isn't a way to customize this order in Calendar View. Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Carolyn

Here is the order that tasks are displayed in Calendar View:

1. Start date (e.g. Dec 1 gets top down priority over Dec 2)
    2. Duration (e.g. a three day task starting on Dec 1 gets priority over a one day task starting on Dec 1)
    3. Natural row order (e.g. "row 5" in the sheet is displayed before "row 6")

There currently isn't a way to customize this order in Calendar View. Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve