Dashboard Length

sburbach
sburbach ✭✭✭
edited 02/14/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to change the page length in dashboard. I have over 30 dashboards that are all the same since I have to have one per RVP, but when I print them to PDF, they all add an extra page, which is blank. And instead of selecting which pages to print, I would like it to just show one page on each one. When I am in the dashboard, it only scrolls down to the Note section so I am unsure why it thinks there are more pages.

This seems to be an issue in an internet browser, not the app. But I need to print them from the internet, otherwise the formatting does not show up.

Answers

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you print a dashboard? Anyway, can't you just use a pdf splitter?

• sburbach
    sburbach ✭✭✭

I "print" it to Adobe PDF. But before I can save it, I have to always change the pages otherwise it saves it has two pages, the second page always being blank. I am just wondering why it shows a blank page on each one, even though the dashboard is not close to the bottom of the first page, and if this can be fixed so it does not do this.

• Hi @sburbach

Adjusting the settings to only print 1 page is what I would have suggested in this instance:

You could also try consolidating the "empty space" below your notes section, then refresh the Dashboard, to see if this helps:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• sburbach
    sburbach ✭✭✭

Thank you! I tried the consolidate Empty space but I do not have any extra space. You can see here that there is only one line of squares below my last widget.

I was to find a way to make it automatic so I didn't have to choose Custom each time I wanted to save a dashboard. As you can see on my first screenshot that I attached on my original message. There is a lot of room between the last widget and the bottom of the page so I don't understand why it wants to print two pages.

• Commenting to follow up since I'm experiencing the same issue. When I "save to pdf," there are 2 extra blank pages even after "consolidating the empty space." When I check the "Header and Footer" box, it states there are 5 pages when only 3 have the widgets. When will there be an update to this issue?