How can I export Schedule view?

Options
Jenna S
Jenna S
edited 02/15/24 in Resource Management

I am looking to create a custom dashboard that does not seem feasible with the current filtering options available in People or Project view under Schedule. Is there a way to export resource bookings in Schedule?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jenna S,

To export Schedule view or resource bookings in Schedule from Smartsheet, especially when creating a custom dashboard and needing more flexibility than what's provided in the People or Project view filters, you can follow these steps:

1. Use Smartsheet Reports: Create a report in Smartsheet to gather the specific data you need from the Schedule view. While Smartsheet's Schedule view does not have a direct export feature, reports allow you to pull data from multiple sheets or reports, including task names, assigned resources, dates, and more. You can customize this report to match the requirements of your custom dashboard.
    2. Export the Report: Once you have created a report that captures the necessary data from your Schedule view, you can export this report to Excel or Google Sheets. This exported file can then be used as a basis for your custom dashboard. To export, open the report, click on the "File" menu, and select "Export" to choose your preferred format.
    3. Smartsheet API for Custom Integration: If the standard reporting and export functions do not meet your needs, consider using the Smartsheet API for more custom integration. The API allows for programmatically accessing and exporting the data you need from your sheets, including schedule and resource booking information. This approach would require some development resources but offers maximum flexibility for creating a custom dashboard.
    4. Smartsheet Connectors: Look into Smartsheet connectors for popular BI tools like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or Qlik. These connectors can directly pull data from your Smartsheet, including Schedule view information, into the BI tool, where you can create more sophisticated and customizable dashboards.
    5. Third-party Tools and Add-ons: Explore third-party tools and add-ons that can connect with Smartsheet to extend its functionality. Some of these tools may offer more specialized options for exporting or visualizing schedule and resource data in the way you need for your custom dashboard.
    6. Manual Workaround: As a last resort, if none of the above methods meet your needs, you might consider a manual workaround. This could involve manually compiling the needed information from the Schedule view into a spreadsheet or another tool where you can then manipulate and display the data as needed for your dashboard. This approach is less efficient and more prone to error but can be a stopgap solution if other options are not viable.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"