Workapps access without logging in

Options

Is is possible to create an app in workapps and have the users enter/edit information through reports without having them to log into smartsheets?

I need users to provide input to specific action items but I don't want to have to set up a username and password to access SS.

thanks in advance.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

The only way for someone without a Smartsheet account to provide information to Smartsheet is via a form or update request.

One workaround I've been using lately is to use dynamic form urls.

Let's say you have a simple sheet with just one column for Information and one for Due Date. You want your user to be able to update both of these cells.

What you could do is this:

1. Add an auto number column if you don't already have a unique ID for each row.
    2. Create a second helper sheet with three columns: Reference Number, Information, and Due Date.
    3. Create a form on that sheet with those three fields.
    4. Grab that url and pop it into the Update Form Link column on your master sheet. Add dynamic form field queries, so that when your user clicks on the link it autofills the current info. They can edit the info as needed and hit submit.
    5. Use cross sheet formulas to pull the latest Information and Due Date entries from your helper sheet.
    6. Publish the master sheet and provide it to your users.

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

The only way for someone without a Smartsheet account to provide information to Smartsheet is via a form or update request.

One workaround I've been using lately is to use dynamic form urls.

Let's say you have a simple sheet with just one column for Information and one for Due Date. You want your user to be able to update both of these cells.

What you could do is this:

1. Add an auto number column if you don't already have a unique ID for each row.
    2. Create a second helper sheet with three columns: Reference Number, Information, and Due Date.
    3. Create a form on that sheet with those three fields.
    4. Grab that url and pop it into the Update Form Link column on your master sheet. Add dynamic form field queries, so that when your user clicks on the link it autofills the current info. They can edit the info as needed and hit submit.
    5. Use cross sheet formulas to pull the latest Information and Due Date entries from your helper sheet.
    6. Publish the master sheet and provide it to your users.