Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Email flexibility - a CC option

Options

Hi There - part of the function I use Smartsheet for is notifying folk around changes. This almost always includes a specific recipient and a number of FYI's. Currently all recipients are at the TO: level in any email, it would be elegant if there was a CC: option as well.

Although I probably wouldn't use it Bcc: field could be useful to some folk too?

24 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Joerg Schmidt
    Options

Hi,

in our emails or update requests we have almost always multiple receiver.

Regularly there is only one receiver responsible and the others have to be informed (cc or bcc).

It would be great if you will find a way for us to mark the original receiver and the others at least in cc.

Somehow, it seems as if the solution could be already done - as shown in the screenshot (update request)

Some of the receivers are in bold, others not - why this? Now, there is only a small step:

The designated receiver should be first in bold - and the others follow (not bold) with the introductory "cc:" before - possible or not ? 😏

• Cynthia FUrlong
    Options

Hello - I totally agree. I found an old thread on this but there is no follow-up posted which indicates if it was ever taken up as a product enhancement.

When I send Update requests to my Sellers, I always have additional folks who need to see the update to ensure that it is actioned (ie, line manager or Operations lead). However, now there are two or more pending Update requests and I cannot easily scan to see what is outstanding because if the Seller did complete the Update but the Manager or other CC did not (which I dont expect them to), then the pending Update request remains. And, it is sometimes confusing to the FYI person as to whether or not they need to reply.

Can you not add a "CC" field, please?

• Bleakley McDowell
    Options

To enhance automated workflows that send email alerts to multiple recipients, it would be beneficial to offer the flexibility of choosing between sending individual emails (as currently supported by Smartsheet) or sending a consolidated group email, which is not currently available.

Often, the email alerts in Smartsheet are sent to several individuals, with the requirement that any one of them can take specific action. However, when these emails are sent individually, there is no way for someone to use the "reply all" function to notify the entire group that they will handle the task. Consequently, multiple individuals may end up taking the same action without being aware that others are doing the same, or no one takes action, assuming that someone else will address the task.

Introducing a simple checkbox in the automated workflow setup, allowing users to select between sending individual emails or a group email, would be a valuable and user-friendly feature to implement.

• Annette M. Waddell
    Options

Hello, Is there an update on this Submitted Idea?

The ability for all recipients (included in one email) to see who all is getting the notification would be spectacular.

• Nithya
    Options

Currently automations in smartsheet are triggered to users individually and when one user sends response it does not notify everyone in contact list

It would be of great help if we could have the To and CC feature in smartsheet like the way we have in outlook .Also while sending the attachments is their a way where end user can download all the attachments at once

• Luke L
    Luke L ✭✭
    Options

Adding another bump to this one. I have a workflow that sends messaging to supervisors after certain steps have been taken. I would like to cc the Business Administrators and HR on the same email but don't want to have to create another automation that does exactly the same thing, just to send to another group/individual.

I find it odd that after you can't send consecutive updates or alerts within an automation, which could potentially solve the lack of a cc, but in some cases would be a legitimate use of the same conditional path in an automation.

Thanks for considering this.

• Grace Furlong
    edited 05/01/24
    Options

I agree with Bleakley McDowell's statement. Additionally, confirming that automated email notifications were received would be beneficial. At this point, we trust that emails were received with no way of confirming.

• Terry P
    Terry P ✭✭✭
    Options

Just bumping this up again, it would e so useful to be able to do a 'cc' on an approval request where someone from legal or a collogues manager could be looped in without the 'execute' button

• tovythomas
    Options

The current format used in automations for Updates/alerts is limited in terms of the formatting. This request however is around the option to carbon copy (CC) on an update.

In certain cases, we leverage the updates as escalation path for requests (think of a helpdesk or customer service). It would be nicer if you could for example Request an Update and make the Manager field the CC so there would be a visibility in terms of escalation.

Current setup sends 2 different emails and notes that another email was sent to another person.