Ticketing System, email ticket information.

Joz
Joz
edited 03/25/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I've designed a multi-product ticketing system for my organization.

External contractors will use a form to submit a change request or a defect report on a product. The ticket enters our system with a custom Ticket ID and the system routes it to the appropriate sheet based on the product. From there, the ticket will move to other sub-sheets based on the status and resolution. The requester will receive notifications on the changes to their ticket.

What I would like to do is set up a form where a requester can enter the custom ticket ID and receive an email with the details of the ticket (current status, resolution, comments, etc).

When the form is submitted the system will need to

1. Check other sheets for the TicketID
  2. Gather the data from the cells that I want included.
  3. Email the requester with the details of the ticket in some readable format.

Is this possible just within Smartsheet without any external tools?

Thanks, J

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joz

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible. I recently developed something similar for a client.

I'd recommend having a so-called helper sheet where you collect the information from all sheets and then another where you collect the form submission. Then, it would be connected to the other sheet to trigger an Alert with the information requested.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.