[GIVEAWAY] Win 1 seat to a Multi-Day Smartsheet University course

Options

Comments

• Bent
    Options

One of my all time favorite classes was a cash flow board game by Greenlight Technologies. They collected the company's business indicators and used those to create a board game for project managers to exercise the varying items in projects to better manage company cash flow. Large project/long lead time/large payout, small project/short timeline/small payout, etc. You had a mix of tiered project managers weighted by skillset so the more experienced the fewer you have in the pool. The goal was to take a set total company budget and get as many projects completed while keeping the cash flow functional to keep everyone and the bills paid. It was a fascinating experience for the PMs that played as well as the leadership team. So many valuable lessons were compiled in that game that I have stressed the value at every opportunity since.

• MVenzor
    MVenzor ✭✭
    Options

One of my favorite courses was "Creative Writing: Unlocking Your Imagination," offered by a renowned online learning platform. This course was a journey of self-discovery and artistic expression that stood out for its unique approach to teaching, the community it fostered, and the personal growth it facilitated. It was more than just a course; it was a transformative experience that expanded my literary horizons, challenged me to think creatively, and provided the tools and confidence to express myself through writing. The combination of a comprehensive curriculum, expert instructors, a supportive community, and practical insights into the writing profession made it an unforgettable learning journey.

• hmandak
    hmandak ✭✭
    Options

I am a portfolio owner and lead for a number of strategies and programs for offerings. One of my favorite courses (which happens to be more recent) was a coaching course I participated in to help identify, prioritize, validate and maximize blocks of time through the use of (some) statistical analysis (as opposed to objective feelings). I worked directly with a career coach to help me go through this course and learn more about how to measure and be logical rather than just subjective about how time is managed. It has been amazing!

• joubd77
    Options

One of the most memorable courses I've undertaken was the Professional Scrum Master Level 1 (PSM1) Certification program. What truly distinguished this course was the exceptional clarity and expertise of the instructor, coupled with the inherent significance of the subject matter itself. The instructor’s adeptness at elucidating complex concepts in an accessible manner greatly facilitated comprehension and retention of the material. Furthermore, the incorporation of humor and engaging delivery techniques not only fostered an enjoyable learning environment but also served to reinforce key principles through memorable anecdotes and examples. This amalgamation of pedagogical skill, subject relevance, and a touch of levity rendered the course both intellectually stimulating and thoroughly enjoyable.

• One of my favorite courses to date is the Cornell Project Management course that I am about to complete. It is an online course but it really stands out for me due to its immense practicality and clearly well-thought-out action-oriented approach. Unlike many educational experiences that can hover in a theoretical realm with promises of applicability, this course is firmly centered on real-world applications; in short, it aims to equip us with concise, actionable skills. Each lesson is structured to build competencies that are directly transferable to my professional tasks and which I have been able to utilize from day 1. The course work is interesting and is focused on real projects and real-life scenarios. The assignments are made to ensure that we not only understand the concepts but can actually apply them to projects effectively and immediately. 

• ian.scarlett
    Options

Post grad studies on expert systems using OTTER and SCOTT

• PVader
    Options

My name is Priya Vader and my favorite class was the Beginners Excel in college, the teacher opened my mind to a different level of organization I can achieve with all the functionalities Excel has and I still continue to learn and Excel still amazes me.

• Nicole CGM
    Options

When learning Access, I took several Linked In University classes. They provided mock databases to use during the course which was extremely helpful since it was an online course. If I needed to go back and figure something out that didn't make sense during the lecture, I could backtrack to the answer by following the example that was setup in the mock database. I'm a visual and hands on learner.

• BeniiBoii
    Options

A course that is simple, easy, can be broken down into small modules and most importantly is interactive!

• kaleemul
    Options

Hello,

My favorite training course was the "SAP Functional Consultant" for the PM module. it was an instructor lead and on-site training. It was a great experience indeed.

• ElizabethOwen
    ElizabethOwen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I took a 3-day course in leadership training which was incredibly helpful. It included a 360 view from several of my direct reports and it helped me grow as a mentor and leader. I wish more companies invested in their managers in such a way.

• BNS47
    Options

Has to be the Social Psychology course I took way back in my freshman year of college. The professor made it really interesting and engaging by helping us understand how our own particular personality types fit into groups and society at large. I have definitely applied this understanding to the workplace.

• subhashgt
    Options

Without a training or session, I was able to learn how to use Smartsheet on my own. It is an intuitive and simple tool to use. additionally, since utilising Smartsheet, I have ceased using spreadsheets and project management software. These days, I use it to handle a lot of projects, resources, workload, personnel allocation, and facilities management, and it's really user-friendly and simple.

SbS

• Will Duplex
    Will Duplex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My favorite course was a computer course at Uni that taught us how to become a licensed application developer and begin to develop applications for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.