April Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• joey.w.razzano
    joey.w.razzano ✭✭✭
    edited 04/02/24
    Options

What great answers so far!! Like @Marlana K., I would create a center of excellence for Rett Syndrome at the Oregon Health Sciences University to support families and find a cure. (BTW I already have all the pieces to make it a reality but currently just lack the bandwidth to coordinate such a huge undertaking by myself while working full time and taking care of my daughter with Rett Syndrome) so it's not a question of failing or not, it's just a question of when I'm going to make it a reality. Thank you for asking this question! https://www.rettsyndrome.org/

• JenniferTorres
    JenniferTorres ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to start a cat rescue. It might be worth trying to win the lottery first, though, so I could build an amazing rescue program. 😸

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Terrific question and super-inspiring answers! I think I would like to embark on a sci-fi/fantasy epic world-building effort. This seems like something that takes fairly significant flow-time commitment that is tough to imagine ever getting with other priorities, but also feels like it would be really fun and rewarding.

• amjannik
    amjannik ✭✭✭
    Options

I would educate myself in all things aviation and buy a few charter planes and run a successful family business. I would transport rescue animals in my planes - that's big one for me because I see where pilots do this all the time and I want to be part of that so I can get all the doggy snuggles I want!

• Carly Chaput
    Carly Chaput ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would build a massive Amazon River Basin biotope paludarium and house tons of Discus. The fear of failure comes not from the pauldarium build and fish keeping itself, but rather the fear of a tank that size and weight (~1200+kg) falling right through my third-floor apartment.

Carly Chaput, PMP (she/her)

Project Manager | Program Management

www.linkedin.com/in/carly-chaput

• cvarela
    cvarela ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would try to sell my photography.

• Lindsay Scarey
    Options

I would learn how to play the piano! I'm pretty sure that if I actually put my mind to it, I wouldn't fail at that - but the time commitment is daunting especially with everything else I have going on. But if I knew that if I tried I could get really, genuinely good at it, I think I could find the motivation to carve out the time!

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    edited 04/02/24
    Options

WOW! What a great and thought-provoking question and I am loving all of the answers.

So, what would I try if I knew I couldn't fail? I would develop a cure for diabetes (both Type I and Type II). My mother, father, brother and myself all suffer from this horrible disease with my mother and brother having the most difficulty in managing theirs. This would be an actual cure too, not just another "pill" or "shot" that masks symptoms only to keep you dependent upon them and never truly make you better and in most cases they make you worse or destroy your kidneys. This might seem like a selfish thing to some but I assure you it is not. Honestly, I know so many people whose lives are impacted by this horrendous disease and knowing I could not fail in this endeavor would bring me such peace. To have an actual cure for diabetes would not only save the lives for myself and my own family but it would save the lives of countless others and provide a better quality of life for everyone. It would also mean that not one more person would ever need to suffer on account of this disease.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Cassi
    Cassi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a tough question because of how you would choose one. I would fulfill my dream of opening my own learning center for Pk-2nd grade. I have always feared of failing in this field. I believe that using Smartsheets would help me with planning and showcasing the growth of the school.

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I couldn't fail, I would definitely start my own consulting business where I could focus on areas that intrigue me (law enforcement community interactions and expert fraud examination). But, when and where do I get my "faily proof" magic wand?

• TroyDunn
    TroyDunn ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would run a full marathon. I completed my first ever half marathon last year but I would run a full marathon if I knew my body would hold up and I would finish strong.

• Pam Ferguson
    Pam Ferguson Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Skydiving -- the alternative scares me if I fail. 😯

• Test123
    Test123 ✭✭
    Options

If I knew I couldn't fail, I would be a horse jockey.

• Kiki_7308
    Kiki_7308 ✭✭✭
    Options

Tour De France

NASCAR

Solo Concert World Tour (every 3rd night performance so I can actually see the world)

Pilot a Jet

Full Marathon

oops was I only meant to list one?

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great blossomly Topic as how April Blooms!!

I want to make it a bit creative -

A magical library where books come to life, and characters step out of pages or

Every tree has a door, and behind it lies a magical forest like what we had seen in the movie - Narnia.

Warm Regards

Huma

Community Leader

This discussion has been closed.