Data Shuttle missing "update dropdown" selection

Options
SteyJ
SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have used this feature many times, and I'm a little confused why it is no longer appearing. Also, while using data shuttle I notice I am repeatedly getting Verification codes sent to my email that I did not ask to receive.

Is maintenance or something being done on Data Shuttle?

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SteyJ

Can you double check the sheet sharing permissions you have on the destination sheet?

In order to edit column properties (such as updating a dropdown list) you'll need to have Admin or Owner permissions on that sheet. If you only have Editor permissions, then you can only update cell data in the grid of the sheet, so the option won't appear to select.

Let me know if this explains what you're seeing!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SteyJ

Can you double check the sheet sharing permissions you have on the destination sheet?

In order to edit column properties (such as updating a dropdown list) you'll need to have Admin or Owner permissions on that sheet. If you only have Editor permissions, then you can only update cell data in the grid of the sheet, so the option won't appear to select.

Let me know if this explains what you're seeing!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Owner, and admin. I think the issue is that they are two separate tenants, and one of the tenants has stricter protocols. I have figured out a work around by data meshing the source sheet to a sheet in my tenant, and then building the data shuttle out of the new sheet.

Thank you @Genevieve P.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey