Project Plan - Start/End Dates, % Complete and Duration columns not updating.

Options

Happy Friday! Appreciate your feedback, please!

Here's a pic from my Project plan (created from the PMO Template) showing the column titles and rows 1-6. Rows 3-6 are in the first phase of the project (under row 2, grey). These are the only completed tasks out of 39 for the entire project. the rest are not started. I'm trying to figure out why the first row (blue) is not displaying data or is incorrect (0%), like it does in row 2.

The Project Plan in the PMO template used to create this works fine.

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Kathy PPT,

Could you share the formula in the Parent row under the % Complete column? It will make it easier to troubleshoot what's causing it to not work!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @bisaacs,

Thanks for responding. There aren't any formulas for these fields, not that I can find. There might be something in the background that isn't visible, since it was created from the PMO Project Template.

I can't even see it when I look in the original template I downloaded from SS

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/19/24
    Options

Hey @Kathy PPT,

That would be why it's not calculating anything, it needs a formula in that row to be able to calculate the % Complete of the children:

=SUM(CHILDREN([% Complete]@row)) / COUNT(CHILDREN([% Complete]@row))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Kathy PPT
    Kathy PPT ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @bisaacs - I appreciate the formula and may end up using it as a work around. However, the functionality is in the original PMO Project plan template workspace/sheet. It simply didn't copy in correctly when I setup the workspace for the project. I've never had to use a formula for this instance. I'll go to Support to see what they have to say.

Have a great weekend.