Data Shuttle not Mapping to Formula Field

Pestomania
Pestomania ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/12/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am unable to get data shuffle to map to a field called "concatenated fields". After looking for a while, I learned that data shuffle cannot map to a formula field. Is there a possible way to override this or offload only the values, not formulas? I really need to figure out how to get this corrected as the offload and upload overwrites a dropdown.

Tags:

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

You cannot post data into a column that has a column formula in it…that's kindof the point of column formulas - you want the formula results to be consistent regardless of whether rows are added or rearranged. You'll need to post the data into a second column and work your formula in the first column to take that data if posted or use a different value/formula if not posted.

Like = IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Data Shuttle Data]@row)), [Data Shuttle Data]@row, "Some other default value or calculation")

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Pestomania
    Pestomania ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me correct my statement, apologies.

My offload is not pulling the field Concatenated Process Name, even though it is listed in the mapping. When I hit next and save the offload, if I go back in, the column is missing from the offload mapping list.

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

Oh I'm sorry, I misread your post, I was thinking of Upload not Offload.

You are trying to take the values from a formula column and export them to an XLSX or CSV right?

There shouldn't be anything preventing that. It sounds like you're hitting a bug of some kind. I would actually open a Support ticket as that's not normal behavior.

Sometimes when my Data Shuttle goes awry I find it's best to just recreate the workflow from scratch. Which is a PITA I know, but it might help and it might work for you vs. fighting the existing one.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Pestomania
    Pestomania ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Brian,

Yes, to a CSV. I deleted and recreated a few times (I think). I'll verify that statement.

And I will open a ticket, thank you.