Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Reoccurring Event

Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Does anyone know how or is there a work around for entering a reoccurring event one time but  have a reminder sent to you every two weeks vs enetering the event multiple times?

Comments

• You can create a report and then send that report as an attachment to yourself on a recurring schedule.

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/516096-sharing-sending-reports#reportattachment

Click on the Schedule option to set it up to send on a recurring schedule.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Stephanie - you could set up a recurring update request which would send the selected row(s) to you automatically on a recurring basis. There isn’t an “every two week” option but you could set up two monthly recurrences (for example, one on the 1st of the month, one on the 15th).

• Hello,

I would like to be able to send a row in a recurrent manner. For example, I have rows with links to other sheets and I would like to point out to specific users that they should go to that link (for various reasons) say, every week. It is not an update request, but I want to be able to configure the page to "send a row" every week (for example).  

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Thanks for the suggestion, Alexandre! I will submit your feedback to our Product team!

Will you be sending a group of rows to the same people at the same time each week? There is a workaround I will suggest, although not completely automatic, it can still help save you time.

Zapier is a third party tool which utilizes our API to perform automated actions. You could set up a "Zap" which looks for a specific change and sends the row to a user if that change happens. Here's my idea:

-Add a Checkbox column to your sheet.

-On every row that you want to send on a recurring basis, add a formula that will check/uncheck the box if the box on the Row 1 is checked/unchecked

-Add a Text/Number column and add the email address of who you want the row sent to, on each row you wan to send on a recurring basis

Once you have these two columns added, create a new Zap that looks for changes in the Checkbox column and will send the row content to the email address you entered.

With this setup, you can open the sheet and check/uncheck the box on the first row, which will check/uncheck all the boxes of the rows you want sent. This will trigger the Zap and send the row content to each of the users you have selected via the checkbox.

I just tested this and it works. Once set up, all you need to do is check or uncheck the box on Row 1 to send the row content to your users.  

This discussion has been closed.