Anyone having connectivity issues between Smartsheet and Outlook?

Since the CrowdStrike kerfuffle last Friday, we haven't been receiving any emails from automation@app.smartsheet.com and proofing@app.smartsheet.com. I'm not sure if it happened as a result of the global IT event or if it was a coincidence, but while it seems like all automations and such are working on Smartsheet's end (I can see updates as I should be via the Notifications section) nothing is pushing to our Microsoft Outlook. Our internal IT team has been alerted of this, but I was curious if any other Smartsheet and Microsoft Outlook users were experiencing this same disconnect.

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee

Hi @Kristen Christman!

I've checked our records and haven't found other users reporting the same issue. As you mentioned, it could be related to the recent issue Microsoft experienced.

If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to our Support team for tailored assistance through a private channel: Smartsheet Support. Please include as much information as possible, such as the affected sheets where the automations are not working.

I hope this information helps!

Cheers,

Isaac

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I am having that issue. I am no longer receiving emails from "automation@app.smartsheet.com" if it is a new assignment. 😕 I do receive emails on comments if I add my email address. I have checked SPAM and my MS Quarantine folder with no luck of figuring out what the problem is. Getting those emails made my workflow much simpler to manage!

• @Lynn Keys I had our IT team whitelist that email address (despite it coming through to our inboxes with no issues prior to the CrowdStrike/Microsoft issue a few weeks ago) and within about 30 minutes, emails began coming through. It wasn't retroactive, so I had our team go into the Smartsheet Notifications (bell icon) on their accounts and review all notifications to ensure nothing was missed during the blackout. Good luck!

• Thank you! I have been receiving the new assignment emails the last couple of days. 😎