Does smartsheet have the ability to track a resource's time at a milestone level?

I am trying to see if this functionality exists or if this is an enhancement that can be created? This would allow the ability to report on specific activities instead of at a project level.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Travis S.

There's a few different ways to do this. One way would be to do an Index Match off the Task Name (as long as that field won't change) and do that in the Sheet Summary option on the right. Then you could do a report on that field and look at it across all your projects. So you'd have quick access on the sheet to see the key tasks' % and the ability look across the portfolio but you wouldn't be able to edit the value in this option.

Another way would be to do a report and filter it by the specific tasks you are looking view/edit. So, for example, if you wanted to look at only permitting tasks this would be a good example of that. And for ease of use, I would suggest adding a column to your project plan for category or "add to allocation report", so that you can filter on that column.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner