Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allocation constraints per project in RM for multiproject managagement

I am an engineering manager for a group of engineering teams that work across multiple projects. The two challenges I face are that allocations on the smallest possible tasks becomes too much to handle/have overview over and that , if I have PMs for the project, they don't have any constraints on allocation on their project, meaning resources tend to become overallocated.
I've posted a proposal on the task-management that would allow for describing more general tasks with the details and granularity in checklists/subtasks to granular to be allocated separately.
See

So to the actual proposal:
One should be able to constrain allocation per resource per project. It doesn't have to be "hard" but once one exceed the soft allocation limit for the project, the resource allocation for that person becomes orange. If one exceed the availability of the person, it is visualized in a different way.

The real point here is: allocation between projects and allocation within a project, tasks typically done by a manager and a PM separately, should have different entries.

1 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated