Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Workspace Panel opening automatically should be optional

David Tutwiler
David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

Please add a setting where you can enable/disable the Workspace Panel automatically opening on the left panel when you open a new asset. Having it open by default and squeezing the viewable space on the sheet has been reported as a major efficiency detractor by no less than a dozen employees already.

Tags:
58 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

The Workspace Panel opening each time a sheet is accessed has been rolled back, thank you for your feedback!

Comments

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. It's kind of been one of those things that's there when I don't want it, but not there when I hoped it would be. Easy enough to pop it open when needed, but generally the focus of the screen is the sheet/report/dashboard, not the files table of contents. Loving the feature, but liking this recommendation.

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers

This is causing me a huge headache as well. It's helpful for navigating between assets in a workspace, but that helpfulness is cancelled out by having to close the panel over and over again.

• Kelly Drake
    Kelly Drake Overachievers Alumni

A THOUSAND TIMES THIS! I open it to open something else and then it's annoying to have it there taking up screen real estate when it's no longer needed. I had provided this feedback to the EAP team but since it was just after it was generally released, I got a "thanks we'll consider that" feedback. 🙄 Glad to know I'm not alone in being frustrated with the feature.

Kelly Drake (she/her/hers)

STARBUCKS COFFEE COMPANY| business optimization product manager